Each Hero Class is unlocked by completing an extra Quest-line from a specific Kingdom. You must complete the original Quest-line before the Hero Class Quest-line becomes available. At Class Level 10, the Hero counts as being from that Kingdom.
Each Class starts at Level 1 and can be upgraded up to Level 20 by spending souls.
- Increasing the level adds Skills Bonuses (attack, magic, armor, life) to the Hero.
- Each Class specifies a particular mana color for the Hero's weapon. You only get the magic skill bonus when you choose a hero weapon that uses that mana color.
- Each Class specifies a particular mana color for a Gem Mastery bonus (which may be different than the weapon mana color mentioned above). Each increase to the Hero Class Level gives +1 to the Gem Mastery bonus, up to +20 at Level 20.
- At Hero Class Level 10, the Hero counts as being from a particular Kingdom for Team Bonuses.
- It takes 4100 souls to upgrade each class from Level 1 to Level 20. For a detailed breakdown of souls per level, see Troop Leveling.
Each Hero Class has 4 rewards to unlock by earning victories while you have the Class selected. (Note that the Hero doesn't actually need to be in your team for the victory to count toward these.)
- At 10 victories, Hero Class Perk 1 unlocks.
- At 25 victories, Hero Class Perk 2 unlocks.
- At 50 victories, Hero Class Perk 3 unlocks.
- At 250 victories, a unique hero weapon unlocks.
Hero Class Perks provide an extra boost to a skill or allow the Hero to count as a particular troop type for Team Bonuses. However, you can choose to activate only one at a time.
Comparison of classes (at level 20)
|Skill Bonuses||Perks||Traits||Gem Mastery||Kingdom|
|Archer||6||5 (must use green weapons)||8||7||+4||+2||Elf for Team Bonus||Forest of Thorns|
|Gain 1 Life per Green ally.||Start battles with 50% Mana.||15% chance for Skull damage to be lethal.|
|Assassin||7||5 (must use red weapons)||9||4||+8||+4||Naga for Team Bonus||Mist of Scales|
|Immune to Poison.||Poison enemies when doing Skull damage.||10% chance to assassinate last enemy when matching Skulls.|
|Knight||4||5 (must use blue weapons)||11||8||+8||+8||Knight for Team Bonus||Sword's Edge|
|Allied Knights gain 2 Life.||Gain 3 Attack when an ally dies.||Gain 2 Armor every turn.|
|Mechanist||5||5 (must use brown weapons)||10||7||+8||+4||Mech for Team Bonus||Adana|
|Allied Mechs gain 2 Life.||Immunity to Frozen.||All Mechs start battle with 50% Mana.|
|Necromancer||3||5 (must use purple weapons)||7||14||+8||+2||Undead for Team Bonus||Khetar|
|Allied Undead gain 2 Life.||Gain 1 Magic for each Purple ally.||Gain an extra Soul on 4 or 5 Gem matches.|
|Orbweaver||4||5 (must use green weapons)||10||9||+8||+2||Mystic for Team Bonus||Zhul'Kari|
|Gain Life per Green ally.||Immunity to Mana Burn.||50% chance to summon a Giant Spider when I take damage.|
|Priest||3||5 (must use yellow weapons)||8||12||+8||+2||Divine for Team Bonus||Whitehelm|
|Allied Divines gain 2 Life||Gain bonus Yellow Mana from Yellow Gem Matches||All allies heal 2 points per turn|
|Sorcerer||3||5 (must use purple weapons)||10||11||+2||+8||Daemon for Team Bonus||Karakoth|
|Gain bonus Purple Mana from Purple Gem matches.||Gain 1 Armor when an enemy casts.||50% chance to gain 1 Magic every turn.|
|Warden||4||5 (must use brown weapons)||8||10||+8||+2||Beast for Team Bonus||Maugrim Woods|
|Gain 3 Attack when ally dies.||Allied Beasts gain 2 Life.||All allies gain 5 Armor.|
|Warlord||5||5 (must use red weapons)||8||9||+4||+8||Giant for Team Bonus||Broken Spire|
|Gain 1 Life per Red ally||Gain 1 Attack when taking damage||Gain 3 Attack when dealing Skull damage|